Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Grand Humbling of the Soul

This is what I call the grand humbling of the soul. After so much of drama since Monday (in fact Sunday night) I met the Dean for the answer today. A fictitious academic plan has been drawn up for me and it seems favorable in many ways that I am able to have Literature instead of History as my AS2 and Art as AS1. Tomorrow, they will send it up for approval and I can start my Lit lessons once they nod their heads.

In no other ways can I explain why such a good thing is happening to someone like me. In the crudest way, I was a willful wailing baby since Sunday night, desperately pushing my limits and threatening to quit my course. When Art and Drama was not granted by the treacherous bureaucracy of MOE, my heart sank to its deepest realms. The next image that was flung into my mind was the thought of going back to TWSS and not going to study anymore.

Just when darkness caved in, Dr Low (the Sub Dean) and Dr Poon brought hope into it. I am thankful for their efforts for persuading me to continue studying and not give up. No one in the right mind will make provisions for this damsel in distress in its every sense. But by the miraculous hands of God, they did go all out for me. And here, I am one special case of a BA student taking Art and Literature, and a unique timetable (only 3 study days per week this semester) and predicted to graduate at a perfect time of Dec 2008 instead of July 2008. I am given provisions for every single module. How great is the grace of GOD!!!!!!!!

A first class honors is not that far anymore I guess…

When I look at all my Lit Lecturers and everything else that has fallen into place, I feel I am back home again. We all make mistakes and learn from errors committed, and His forgiveness has found me.

I am kissing goodbye to Pride and that rebellious spirit in me.

God knows best. He knows how much I can handle, my limits and my thresholds. His ways are higher than ours, and His plan is perfect.


And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5: 5

No comments: