Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Can you ever put a price to love?

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Valentine’s Day. The past two years of Valentine’s Day.

This year my Valentine’s Day, is wholly different. On a day like this, some people are reminded of thinking when their love will arrive at their doorstep. For some, it is a grandiose occasion that expends their one year of savings. And for some, it is another working day, like each day that hutters past the eyelid. Whatever it may be, the noble reason behind Valentine’s Day is that it brings people together in love. Everyone needs love; Somebody needs love; the ill world needs love.

This year my Valentine’s Day, is wholly different. Somebody and I in Sentosa, a dinner at Sakae, an exchange of gifts, a walk to the island, a little stroll back to mainland. Even if this is sounding like an ordinary date, the memories that were stitched that night (13/02/07) are extravagantly worth treasuring. More important to me, is the intensity of love this time. The great love from the heavens, through my heart, to Somebody’s heart.

This year my Valentine’s Day, is wholly different. I found a love that needs no hypocrisy, no disturbed imagination, no mental anxiety and no ugly quarrels. But a love that God is nurturing. The love that Somebody showers on me runs from God’s wellspring of joy, love and peace. And to God, I am so thankful at this great gift He has given. My heart rejoices. My smile is cheerful. I am very happy.

Can you ever put a price to love?

2 comments:

Sri said...

Darling Natasha, I am so happy that you've found your love. And your love will last! Hugs!! happy oinky year!

xodus said...

hey hey how come you didn't update this the last time we spoke on MSN? Glad you had a VERY memorable night!

You go Girl!