Thursday, February 08, 2007

the world is so complicated, my mind must be so simple

A little on the show at Utterly Art..

LOVEMELT - AN ALTERNATIVE VALENTINE SHOW
“It’s not all lovey-dovey romance but this exhibition on relationships (or lack of them) stem from memories, longing, desire and charged interactions. We view Aiman Hakim’s reminiscences of past moments through his paintings of polaroids, Genevieve Chua’s portrayal of highly-charged juxtapositions in pencil drawings and Nicholas Chai’s misty idealizations of objects of desire in paint which simultaneously evoke longing and loneliness…”

after two days of void in my brush with food poisoning, bye bye chemical liquids, plastic capsules and pukes…headed to town with Edwin today at around 5.. got my book at MPH, deposited some cash.. and went to utterly art. Finally got to see aiman after such a long time.. everything looks good, smells nice.. at least my break from the outside world is still recoverable. I realise being self-absorbed can be a decapitating disease, it just leaves you emaciated from the fresh loves and juices from the world. Not that I embrace it, but it does puts me on what I call the gay gear. Haven’t touched base with this side of me for some time. Thanks Kenneth for offering me the space to read over there next time as I start on my articles.. that’s a huge fear, but I will still give it a try. First thing first, kick the self-absorbed habit, the world is still revolving alive!

Joined Edwin, Jane and Iven at sll for my dinner and hanged out at HMV in a sleepy mode till somebody came to pick me up from paragon. Some things I learn today: you can find something beautiful in simple things, keep simple. Friends are gems, lost gems you need to find and relish in them all the time.

No comments: