Monday, August 22, 2005

good report for sheer memory's sake

a letter to the cg..

Dearest cg,
I am penning this letter with a heart of gratitude. I am in fact very thankful that God has bestowed upon my life this wonderful cg. I give thanks for all the little gestures of love, gentle touches of care in all my daily frustrations over family, work and financial issues. Thanks for even the forgiveness I am receiving for not being able to unite with you all for events like community penetration and fantastic race, and for accepting me with a big-hearted capacity for who I am and what I do. For once, I know I am loved. I am also at the same time, full of thanks that the cg is experiencing a superb growth in numbers, spirit, faith and His love in its entirety, and we are going to leap farther than this.

There are many an occasion that I am distressed and culpable that I am unable to move with the church and cg in spirit, yet at the same time, I swear that I love this household immensely, which may seem contradicting at face value. When I gaze at your faces, I am encouraged in spirit that God has been real to you all. His existence is true. I want to assure everyone that I am interceding in intense prayers as a warrior and as His child for our beloved friends who have yet to acknowledge God as one who saves lives, but I recognize I can do more than what I am doing now.

I seriously do not know where I will go from now, but I am praying in faith that is alive in me. I want to shout out to the whole earth that God has been good. I desire to look into everyone’s eyes to proclaim that I am alright in Him. For a moment, I thought I was going to die when my family chased me out last week; the rejection I felt was indeed too overpowering for my weak flesh. But yet, God pulled me through again without fail, and I am sturdy again in His strength. Today, I affirm that I am not going to die in the wilderness; rather, I am going to strive in this wilderness. I will be victorious. I am jumping with joy like never before in my heart, breaking through ordeals, rejuvenated again to run this race for this King of all glory.

My prayer for everyone today is that we will persist to have a steadfast devotion to Jesus. From age to age, we belong to him! For God has used His wisdom to create the cosmos and all that is in it, he has designated for us our places in his dazzling display of diversity. He has also chosen to share wisdom and discernment with those who reverence him and search fervently for His wisdom. Only when we use that wisdom and discernment, we will possess the greatest of all jewels and a blessing that will enrich our lives and others’ lives. For those who are dry in their spiritual walks, who feel God is far away from you, He has never left you, I egg you on to make a decision today to perk it up again. God is your best lover, He is opening his arms up to embrace you and to caress you with His touch, His heart is really, always awaiting you.

Genuinely yours,
Nat

Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Ephesians 2:19-20, NIV

No comments: