Thursday, April 27, 2006

Im not frail but strong

I know for a perfect reason why I have not been writing earnestly in my blog for a very long time. As I reflect on the events that have transpired, they are not just fading slowly away from memory, but are also events that have pulled me through to this point. Things are coming to a rest now and I am more than glad that it is going to be over soon. In my spirit, I know that a new beginning to about to unfold, though I cannot define it. I have grown much in these past weeks of being tested and His love has faithfully covered this multitude of sins. Living in a world where the culture is wearing very thin, I stand proud as His child. Very confident that He has guided me well, protected me and prevented me from being incensed or breaking down. As I hold my heart and pray daily, he listens and works in His mysterious ways to overcome my many difficulties. I’m finding more joy in me than ever to forgive and forget and to help, comfort and encourage others. Back then, I was always fighting against that self-love I used to hold on to so protectively. But as I pray to Him to change my heart, I can identify this change in me so distinctively.

My friends, it is indeed a big decision to give up your life for a God you do not know. But I assure you that this decision is going to change your life completely only for the better. At the age of 24, I cannot say I have seen the world but having tasted His goodness and still under His cover; I must say that I am safe. It is my prayer that you come to know God and experience that for yourself. No other thing can give you the satisfaction that God is going to bring to you. When life’s only certainty is death, why do we seek to insure our lives against death? I have found my insurance of heaven in God. When I thought that I could not contain anymore, and that my soul is depleted and ground to point zero, He has really brought me to another level of understanding from the wisdom of His words.

Life is not only about securing status, wealth, stability and ensuring peaceful relationships and friendships. Life is about love. What kind of love? A love of eternal value.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

It is in everyone that we crave for long lastingness. And it is only in God that eternity (no expiry date) can be found. Fellowship means so much more than mere friendship between humans. And God desires our fellowship with Him.

Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he? Isaiah 2:22

No comments: