Thursday, January 04, 2007

a piece of life

I spent part of my day removing the dust of 2006 from my room today. It’s technically the start of a new year, so I thought some therapeutic cleaning-up is good to usher some 2007 newbies. My body is still aching from the past few days of intense workout. Being a participant of the aging process makes the mind ponder more than ever before. Was with Trish and Janice last night at sushi tei takashimaya. Got pretty drenched by the rain while crossing to the bus-stop. Deep inside I am thrilled because I have friends like them who will accompany me through the days of growing up. My girl friends ~ some getting married, some found their Mr Right, some fallen out with their thought-so Mr Rights, some remain steady as the anchor of my life, some still wondering when Mr Right will come, some waiting for that Mr Passive to speak his mind, while to some, 2006 was simply a year older for them. I always think that guys take strolls in our lives. Some take a long stroll by writing a long 30-page essay, some peek in for a sweet poem, some stumble and throw us a haiku, some just an SMS. It is maybe what makes growing up as girls extraordinary. Overarching all these perhaps is the cursed gift of time that estranges us and builds us up ironically.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was fun getting drenched in the rain together.

Because life is constructed of memories from everyday, undramatic events like these that bring much fondness to the heart.

I thank God for our friendship too! :)