Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A diffident stare towards these days

I should be getting some sleep or doing some finetuning to my research project. But I am doing neither. I just came back from watching “Chronicles of Narnia”(the screenshots in Chronicles are beatifically awesome) with the YA people. Oh well, I really can’t wait for the new school term to commence. No matter how free-spirited I am, I am definitely not a party animal; I am drained by all these dinners and parties. I miss things that I really like to do. Perhaps it is good to be away from those busy cares, but I am just so blurred in the motion of restless activities. I have lost myself in this whirlwind, I suppose.

I delight in quiet moments having conversations with Him.

Or I would love to talk to a butterfly, like Wordsworth.


To a Butterfly
Written in the orchard, Town-end, Grasmere.

I'VE watched you now a full half-hour;
Self-poised upon that yellow flower
And, little Butterfly! indeed I know not if you sleep or feed.
How motionless!--not frozen seas
More motionless! and then
What joy awaits you, when the breeze Hath found you out among the trees,
And calls you forth again!

This plot of orchard-ground is ours;
My trees they are, my Sister's flowers;
Here rest your wings when they are weary;
Here lodge as in a sanctuary!
Come often to us, fear no wrong;
Sit near us on the bough!
We'll talk of sunshine and of song,
And summer days, when we were young;
Sweet childish days, that were as long
As twenty days are now.

No comments: