Sunday, January 22, 2006

this whole life with you

I woke up this morning feeling the best of all mornings. It is 7:12 am, and in about 2 hours’ time, I will be worshiping Him in church. Woke up at 6am for a jog that I had been yearning for for days, thank God I finally managed to spend time with Him while jogging even though it is unusual for me to jog at such early hours. To think about it, I had only slept about 5 hours, and had not been sleeping enough, which is very evident from my eye bags and dark eye rings. As I look at the mirror these days, I know I am really aging, and the fears of aging just keep mounting. In moments like these, my worry for not being able to marry young just fit in so comfortably. It had been a treat to me recently, (even though I had not been updating my blog) but I am assured that I am in blissful happiness these days. Ironically, overlooking those treacherous signs of fatigue and aging, there are genuine jewels of happiness sparkling in my eyes.

I am thankful for you who had cleared all those daunting obstacles which had accosted me the past weeks. Being able to step forth in boldness for Your righteousness, and sharpening each other in this spiritual family in admonition, makes me really proud as a child of yours. And I am soaring gleefully on Your wings right now.
I am immensely grateful for the transformation that you have given me. I am truly, a changed person by your grace and seek to immerse myself in the depth of your grace this year.

On Fri, we had cg at my place. How you had surprised me beyond my imagination that cg will one day be at my place. My limited mind could never have conceived that. And You answered our prayers, the presence of Your Spirit was consuming every one in that inimitable way, in your most divine way. It is my prayer today for all my brothers and sisters who are so wonderfully dear to me that they will stand up under trial with a fire-tested hope and enduring strength. Let us catch a glimpse of the expanse of your incredible universe with all that awesome mysteries. Indeed, Your thoughts are deep, and ways are higher than us. And so we extol your name by remaining faithful with a whole-hearted devotion. For you are perdurable, who has placed eternity in our hearts, I ask that you allow true life may flower forth from the grain of wheat that died and was buried.

This is my life verse for this year:

For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
Philippians 1:19-20

PS: I am excited for Joanna is coming back on Wednesday.. it had been almost a year since I last saw her. I miss her. And I pray that she will draw closer to God this year. For all these days, we think that the things we are doing are for Him, but truly, He had been doing all these for us all these while, it has never been our credit.

No comments: