Friday, September 23, 2005

buttress me, this quixotic one

dear God,
It dawned on me right this morning, here on this hallowed ground, that I should be seeking rest upon Christ's sacrifice, and compass your altar with humble hope. No respites of late, I have been laboring for my work to the point of callousness and futility. Life isn’t about completing assignments, or dealing with the uncouth menace of them. Life is to be embraced with the goodness of God. We all are predestined to encase your love. A maelstrom of thoughts and emotions fill me, almost speciously, this morning. I need your provision for this release; it may even be a distasteful rupture of the soul. And by your hands, you will delicately fix the broken fragments of this restless and tireless soul till it becomes whole again. Incessantly, I want to pull through this gloomy semester with your energy. Once all this settles, I will be really fine. If I fear, it is only an indication marred by unbelief, arising from the recollection of disappointments and springing from trivial anxieties. That flood of ungodliness will never make me afraid. Because I know that I am redeemed by the blood of your son Jesus, I am loved too much to be cast away with reprobates. And because of you God, I trust in thy surety that my heart resides in heaven.

I am solely in love with you.

No comments: