Thursday, September 29, 2005

next sunday is my birthday

Yesterday night, I let myself out.. Haven’t done so for some time. It feels so light-hearted and dreamy and today I woke up different. I think this kind of little releases in life is appealingly imperative to regenerate oneself and even rejuvenate the rigid soul. Well, nothing spectacular happened actually, except that the day was scripted in a very dissimilar way from my usual ones. Was in town early morning with ernest and jonathan doing some NIE assignments. Headed to the national library early morning after I dropped ben and my works at Jeremy’s place. We had lunch at subway.. food that I haven’t eaten for sometime too..but the sweet onion sauce perpetually oozing out from the sandwich didn’t reflect the best of my decorum.. eventually we ‘game over’ at Sim Lim Tower where I purchased my mini surveillance camera----super cool one. When you bargain at these kinds of places, you also discover that it is wiser to trust fully the old men of age who are selling these things and not those punky young lads, though the price they offer can be awfully cheap and low. After that, I met Marienne at Bras Basah Mac and gratefully, she helped me bring her laptop down and I was able to do quite some work in the afternoon before we popped to SMU for the Singapore Art Show…Warren joined us later. Good fruitful time spent with marienne.. you realize how much you miss your dear friends when there is a big gap of time you last see or catch up with them, and the moments you spend with them become more precious and sweeter than ever..and I am guilty of having the propensity to sometimes let work dominate my life…and stashing my friends aside or a while..before getting back to them.. with that, I am not saying im a seasonal kind of friend.. but just not so consistent I conjure. And so marienne, warren, urich, victor and I went to SMU after that and the whole buzz of socializing, a unintended gathering of people, and the ‘hello.. my name is Natasha…what’s yours.. nice to meet you” begins and doesn’t stop till the night fumbles in. an effeminate guy called Alan came up to me and said, “oh gorgeous, you have beautiful eyes…you are such a divine being” and he went on rattling about himself and read his “tooth fairy” poems to me. . and he boasted that tommy koh loves his poems.. yah right…I remember he did mentioned that he is going to publish a book “champagne in handcuffs”.. how distasteful a name… no one will buy.. Am I turned off and wished I wasn’t in existence that very moment.. gosh..what luck. Maybe is the fact for him…"Out of the abundance of the heart does the mouth speak”… that is all in his mind.. he and his poems. i snapped him off saying there is only one divine being in this entire universe. Drifted to kopitiam after that and ended the long eventful day going back with Sabrina on the bus. If only everyday is like that.. being less a hermit.. being a tad more alive.. and on days like these, you truly experience the sensational pulses of being a youth, putting aside the heavy readings, responsibilities, thoughts just for that brief while but knowing you will be back at it…having a passion for living is so significant. . and embracing the whole idea of love in the air.. I am having a happy spirit resonating in me today.
--julie called me from Darwin yesterday =)
--designed a memory verse cover for YA ministry-spend ur precious moments with Him
--met up with my beloved buddy james on Monday for lunch, been praying for him ever since, super lost he said =)
--ex.cue
--been flirting with the idea of getting a pocket pc for my birthday these days.. hohoho.
--you change as you re-focus.
--two people have told me consecutively on two days.. “God is in the heart”, it befuddles me that they can come up with a phrase like this when they can’t even locate their heart.

No comments: