Sunday, December 04, 2005

24th November 2005

"Welcome Artists Party" at Jim Thompson

Pure and candid, I met the familiar people – Khairuddin Hori, Iwan Wijono and Kai Lam, of course Julie. And there were many exchanges of introductions within that brief time frame, too much for the mind on that night. We soon hopped onto cabs and went to Empower that night. It was a raving party as it was their anniversary night of celebration. The sex workers were modestly dressed and dancing on the bar top, and many joined in the party. I slumped at a corner with Khai, Rick (from Ho Chi Minh City), and Dominick, observing, and realizing that poignant emotions were roused in me from the lives of the sex workers. I mean, really.
The night ended at Je Hoy, where Julie, Khairuddin and I had supper. And that place turned out to be our hangout almost every night. Julie and I tucked in after a bit of chatting in the hotel room.

No comments: