Sunday, December 04, 2005

On the plane

Leaving Singapore for Bangkok. The view from the plane: now I realized that the bird’s eye view of the landscape as the plane slowly ascended resembles that of the structure of a motherboard. The way the architecture is laid out on the earth’s surface is like micro parts and chips on the motherboard. Trees and shrouds look like pores on human skin. And somber-colored land surfaces like folds on human skin. How awesome. Amazing as I soar, I wish I could touch heaven and smell a whiff of it. The clouds are so bloated; I bet they will empty to the earth very soon. But the formation of the clouds, free and interchanging, is a fascinating sight, really. I am so privileged to know Him, the creator of all this vast, limitless beauty right before my eyes. I feel like I was floating on air, in the midst of all fluffiness, marveling at the clouds!

My heart sank when I touched down Bangkok International Airport. My mobile phone’s auto-rom was not activated; I could not get to hear Julie’s voice to check out where exactly she is. I attempted to call Kit and Wendy too, but in vain. My vision blurred, I was in a complete state of helplessness. As though my soul was stolen, I took a 600baht (24 SGD) limo taxi trip to Jim Thompson, and with hope against hope on the ride, toying with my hand phone occasionally, I managed to reach there safely as God calmed me from the multitudes of anxieties. Stepping on the land of Bangkok again after 13 years. Somewhat I felt a sense of familiarity. Maybe it is the people who were there, maybe it is the air, or maybe it is just my thoughts.

No comments: