Friday, September 22, 2006

Diaspora

I watched “Diaspora” at Esplanade yesterday. I like the part on My Personal Diaspora by Janice Koh. True, do we really make diasporas of ourselves eventually regardless of the lineage of predecessors we came from? Maybe we are all “diasporadic” in our great own sense. My one week break is coming. I felt very punctured yesterday after submitting my literature journal. I have never read so many books and written so many essays over a month in the past 23 years. It was quite a feat for me and I am so relieved at least half of it is over. I need the same drive, motivation and even passion to go on for the next semester and the next, the next. I am going to teach a performance art workshop today at the Substation, and I have to meet the Sydney curator and have a TAV meeting after. Today is far too busy for me, I need to trim down abit. I wish it will be over soon. It is my big black bag again, Colin Reaney always says “it’s the big black bag again”. Everytime I do a performance or conduct a workshop, it is the big black bag I will carry along. Julie does that too. I won’t say it is our fetish, but it is what I carry along, just like what I want to carry along in this path of life, knowing that it will bring me somewhere, albeit greater things. I did the most unbelievable thing yesterday by being the most honest. At 3:30 am this morning, I realize that no matter how beautiful love can be, no love can overtake the love shown by His nail-pierced hands.

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

John 20:29

No comments: