Saturday, September 16, 2006

we all need our own space in this drama of life

“We all need our own space”, Julie told me last night.

Do we all need our own space? I guess so. I can’t help recall catching a glimpse of Julie’s face under the kaleidoscope light yesterday at the dance floor at ATTICA. I have to keep reminding myself she is already not so young. But she is really as gorgeous as I always call her. You know, I truly love her a lot. Not so much because she is a legacy in Singapore history, okay, art history, but because she is always so ready to love. No matter where and no matter when. She is as good as it gets.

I passed by Johnny’s place at 4:30 am and told myself I should get my hair permed the next day. As natural as it is, I straddled out of bed and had breakfast with Johnny at his place. Today is the longest conversation I ever had with him. And I only got to know he is 42 years old today. Maybe because I know he will never read this blog entry, that’s why I like to pen about him. Perhaps, he will never know more about me but I thank Daddy for this character in my life.

So, who is Johnny?

Johnny takes care of my hair since a year ago and always buys hair products for me. He doesn’t like to take money from me. He is like a big friend who cares for a part of me. He is also someone who messages me goodnight religiously everyday. Perhaps, I will never get to know who he really is. Forever an enigma but forever a friend.

Indeed, Daddy does send many interesting characters in my life to make me know that I am loved. And beyond doubt, I am loved.

1 comment:

artonblog said...

A lovely story.
hmmm. space... we guard our spaces for fear of lost and being hurt. Sometimes we let go and let others in... sometimes we propose to share others' spaces... that's when we begin to see ourselves and more valuable, that's when we begin to know others...