Saturday, June 25, 2005

we made it

a spatula of us who were seemingly stuck to the grounds at Earl Lu last night for Lim Tzay Chuen's exhibition, made it to Lina's place eventually for the preplanned birthday celebration for both Serena and Marienne. Shifting paradigms. hmm. It was a great night together, and my, I was so alcohol-drugged that I belched nonsense through the night. Marienne and Warren have so much to say about this Natasha. I have enjoyed myself greatly, the madness of it all, despite the occasions smears of 'I am so tired'. The figments of my memory was Lee Wen, me and Yazay trying to dance boisterously with the not-so-moving music, Kai talking about my church, and I think I attempted singing...the birthday girls..how sweet it is to celebrate birthdays together, birthdays are meant to be this way, I reckon. The best of it all was after the rest's silent exit, Warren, Marienne, Lina and I chatted through the morning. Yummy it was! Eventually, Lina gave in to sleeping with her socks. And the three of us lingered on. Like a crash course of getting to know each other,we practically talked about anything under the mourning moon. Goodness, we just pulled down our defences and talked like never before, with probably an amplitude good enough to pierce the still silence of the night, with an energy of the juvenile mind. Constructive conversation. Cheers to our friendship. Toast to TAV. Kudos to world peace. The next thing we know is that we woke up to a wet morning with clouds spitting rain, to the next-door kids usual play sounds, to a brand new day ahead of us..

No comments: