Friday, December 01, 2006

holidays are ..heaven's little rewards

Hols , what exactly are hols? Does it mean staying up late to do nothing, hang around and chill till dawn breaks? or waking up late till you don’t even know what time you wake up? I had two days of ‘holidays’ after my last paper on 28th Nov. And I want to blog it cos it had been very meaningful. I met tricia on Wednesday at Holland V—Ya Kun Kaya Toast and had a good long chat with her. Been a long time since she left and we finally had the opportunity to talk about things face to face. I always remember her telling me that we are like on different journeys in life now since she has left brighton. And I just want to say that perhaps it is this fact that we are on different journeys that will bring us closer together more than before. Although every moment of spending time together feels like she is still right here with me in church and serving God in this brighton community. Her leaving made me grew so much independent and stronger to fight on and go on. Even if it means being alone. I guess it is true, sometimes, I do think about what will happen to the friendships I have in church now if I were to ever leave? Maybe james pang and I will not be buddies anymore, maybe my young adults would have forgotten about me.. may be..all it takes is to trust in God a little more, a little to forever. I have enjoyed my time with tricia and I pray that for her, though some friendships fail, some friendships remain, those friendships that remain will continue to stand the test of time. I want to continue to be a sweet blessing in your life my girl. I met seah at the later part of the day and though there was so much walking (that my legs really ache) while he did his retail therapy, I am glad we met up that day to let the dust fall. Thanks so much for the expensive crystal jade restaurant dinner and the gin tonic at Hilton. It was interesting to be observers of the scream bitch fight isn’t it ? I thank God for the courage to speak my mind about all that we had gone through. Like I have said, memories can only fade, memories cannot be replaced. All in all, you still have a place in my heart, a friend I do care for and pray against hope that you can share in my Father’s love too. As much as he loves you, he wants you to know Him that much too. To your every passion, every desire for love, I toast to you with my usual glass of white wine. cheers.

--- I probably didn’t sleep much cos I expend 5hours on the phone with somebody, as the day draws nearer to my leaving on the 5th, how I wish I could prolong this time. How I wish I don’t have to miss.. don’t have to be away for 7 long days –

The next day after jumping out of bed, I realise that the philippino artists—jeho they all, had not contacted me, that left me kind of free cos I was too reluctant to start packing. Thank my dear God for the chance to be at Holland V again with my twss beloved colleagues. So there were 11 of us – yanping, yanfang, shuwen, sumarni, hwee cheng, kaiming, alvin, kok hian, imran, gilbert, and I. We had lunch at coffee club – some pasta, and head to settlers’ cafĂ© for a thrilling time of fun and games. The usual Taboo we played and Charoodles I think. We had a time laughing our heads off in the discovery of how talented many of us are. “mary and lily are good friends”, that’s amusing. kok hian and gilbert are hilariously comical. I seriously think that I had spent my time really wisely and fruitful.I miss being part of the twss team, I miss everyone of them, I really don’t know when will be the next time we can be together in such a setting but perhaps, the rift between us will be wider as well..

Had a meeting in the night with the episode5 people. Julie’s finally back and she opened that little door in my heart by being around. I’m glad she likes the heart-shaped blink blink key chain I had gotten for her. It was so ‘her’ that I could not resist the temptation to get it for her. Next year is going to open up a whole new world for her. I hope I can continue to encourage her as a friend no matter how adverse and tense things maybe. I love you Julie. Finally can spend more time with you already by going to Jakarta. Have a safe flight tomorrow. See you again soon my gorgeous.

…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natasha, AnGeL here. Remember me? I'm the IT trainer @ TWSS. Was hoping to get 2 know u better as time went by but unfortunately I didn't have the chance. Blame it on my shyness. I know I may have come across as tao but actually I'm not :)

Anyway, I stumbled upon your blog as I was creating this blog for the school Parents' Support Group.

You must still be in Jakarta. Take care and all the best.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. And a Happy New Year too!

Cheers and GOD bless, AnGeL (^_^)