Wednesday, December 06, 2006

untouchable unthinkables I

So it was like this:
Somebody asked if I like to listen to music in random or to be in control
Somebody wanted to go to expo to get his stuff
Somebody could not make up his mind
Somebody said he bought part of it
Somebody asked if I prefer form over function, or function over form
Somebody has something to give me for this trip

.. silly somebody gave me an ipod nano, recorded his voice in the nano to keep me company in Jakarta.. I was touched to tears. The love and sincerity in his voice keeps ringing in my ears.

Jakarta is a busy town. Full of traffic jams, and we ‘lost’ an hour upon reaching. Met my student from YI and his dad Suhaimi at the airport. He happens to know Jeremy too. They worked in the museum before. We were on the same plane so he helped us get our way to the national gallery by getting us a mini bus for six of us. That trip took us 180000 rupiahs. We waited a long deal of time at the gallery cos everything was screwed up kind of. Poor atieq, she must be really overtaxed with so many things to do as the organizer for IPAE and too little help around. I presume it is going to get more chaotic when more artists streamed in. we finally reached stuart’s plc in kemang berat and settled down. The bad thing this trip is that I forgot to bring my name cards and my wire to transfer pics onto the laptop!! =( but I will try to ask if I can get from Julie.

Day turns very dark at 6pm and we were so lazy to go to the exhibition opening back at the national gallery after our oxtail soup dinner that was really pedas. Anyway, we went back to the gallery (each trip to and fro takes about 50000 rupiahs and 1 hour) and I hung around for a while until kenji san came to pick me up. We went for dinner at Marriott hotel, chatted and he drove me back at around 12 plus. I was dog tired and headed straight to bed. The next few days are going to be packed with talking to people, attending workshops and performing. I wonder when the next time I will be online is. I wonder how the cg is doing. How everyone is. Jakarta is a nice place afterall, to live in, it is like.. so near yet so far. I learnt from my conversations with julie and angie last night that I really need to watch my back in whatever I do... somebody has reached phuket. Im sure his journey is going to be

No comments: