Friday, December 29, 2006

not so impressed

Just a few more days to 2007. I’m cracking my head, praying for a life-verse-of-the-year for 2007, as well as some concrete New Year resolutions to blow a kiss for the start of 2007. One word that keeps surfacing in the waterlogged brain is CLEANSING, that will mean purging egregious sins from the inside out. Picking your hill to die upon, will mean paying the spiritual price to keep connected with God for every decision of my life next year. Or else, it is going to be an expensive flop.

This was my verse for last year. "For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death."
Philippians 1:19-20

This year I have tasted the sweetness of God’s measure of restrained garce and I hope it is the same for many of the people I love and care. Back to cleansing, I hope that God’s persuasive voice will rise again in my innermost spirit and that as I wear the helmet of salvation and shield of faith, I will be able to combat the enemy’s flaming missiles every time.

Something for today:

“The lamp of the LORD searches the spirit of a man; it searches out his inmost being.” Proverbs 20:27

No comments: