Friday, December 22, 2006

some words about christmas

Christmas, is my favourite time of the year. When I was young, we used to hang socks at the window overnight and dad will act Santa and put some cash inside. I slowly realised the true meaning of Christmas when I got to know Jesus better. Last year, Christmas was a very joyous occasion for me. Though we were all busy with the Christmas drama, I found many friendships strengthened in the process. Last year, trish came to my place to make potato salad, this year Im doing it alone. I miss those sugar-laced days .. This year Christmas is very operational for me. I HARDLY feel much of this season, Christmas drama seems more watered down, many of my friends are not in Singapore, not in church and not anywhere near, its a lot of ‘doing’ since I got back from Jakarta, so much that I have fallen ill. The only things that can remind me of Christmas are the friends who are still around labouring alongside with me, Joanna’s gift from Taiwan, somebody’s ipod, the nativity story watched…love must still be around in the air… just a bit different this time.

No comments: