Wednesday, July 20, 2005

cold

"A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench." -- Matthew 12:20

I have been scared, but I do not know what this fear is. This morning, this verse struck me as I was spending time with Him. I decided that nothing except being with Him will get my life back again. It has been cold, so cold that it freezes the details of my heart. I can't write poetry anymore. I can't write these days because I am lost and empty within. Agnes gave me a handmade book yesterday, a book that is meant for my writings, but I won't use it now. I can't pen things down like before. I hope this struggle will vanish soon, I am not alright.

Going back to the verse, so what is it about the bruised reed or the smoking flax that intrigues me? A reed that snaps easily; let the foot of man brush against it, and it is bruised and broken; every wind that flits across the river moves it to and fro. We can conceive of nothing more frail or brittle, or whose existence is more in jeopardy, than a bruised reed. And a smoking flax, an infant's breath might blow it out; nothing has a more precarious existence than its flame. Yet Jesus says of these weaklings-- "The smoking flax I will not quench; thebruised reed I will not break." Herein is His love and lovingkindness which opens to us the compassion of Jesus-so tender and considerate. We may be weak but we have everlasting victory in Him. Whenever we boast of our weaknesses, we boast of His greatness, thus we need never to shrink back from his touch. As our troubles enrich us with a wealth of His knowledge, our trials are also the cleft of the rock that Jehovah has set us. Bruised reeds shall have no blows from him,and the smoking flax no damping frowns.

At this time, I am both the bruised reed and the smoking flax,but I believe I will be delivered from this soon.

1 comment:

TIRAMISU said...

I am sure you will...