Monday, July 04, 2005

vision

If I have a car, I will be driving now. How much I miss driving. It has been 4 grudgingly long months since the accident, and images of the shattered windscreen are still so vivid.......
Lets talk about VISION today. A quirky one, to fantasize about driving in this sultry weather, is that a dream or vision? definitely a dream. So what then is a vision? Ed Young defines vision as "the God-given ability to see the unseen". I really love this, vision is also, "seeing the transparent through the apparent". He also says vision takes root in the private areas of our lives before it is released to the public arena.
As for me, I have always perceived vision as a mirage. Vision is often distant and unreachable, yet very much desired and dreamable. I have also learnt that vision, unlike dreams, are self-generating. And I question if I ever have had visions before. Sadly, I came to reflect that I never did envision far enough. I have been near-sighted, and laying secured in my little dreams all this while.
Today let us request prophetic visions from Him. But this will not be possible or any easier without any faith. With faith, we have the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen and we have the evidence of things we cannot yet see, this will then naturally mould our God-given ability to see the unseen, that is, to envision like His children of promise. remember, your faith is more important to Him than mere gold. You dont have to be a called visionary to have visions, what you need is sheer assurance in your identity in Christ, then you will be courageous to have visions. To be able to have visions is like a reawakening of our joy of salvation, as well as a priceless inheritance from Him that is pure and undefiled. Let me tell you, I believe it is going to be inexpressible.
I crave for that vision for my life today, no more nitty-gritty dreams, and I know for sure, He will bring me there eventually.
So my prayer for you today, is that you will too, seek for that very vision from Him with a glow of fervency and enthusiasm. No more lean-fleshed days and ill-favoured hours from today once you catch that vision!

"And the vision of the evenings and mornings Which was told is true; Therefore seal up the vision, For it refers to many days in the future." daniel 8:26, NKJ

No comments: