Sunday, July 03, 2005

settling dust

I wish I am mumbling this in perfect sobriety
when life has its wonders creeping surreptitiously
I am losing grips on this melody
and I know I am alienating away
slowly

For once I caught my purpose defined
'melodramatic' my name
If ever I give up pondering
be gentle to remind me

I cry when life rots too mediocre
panick when it turns sardonic
a second I thought my faith could save
but so adamantly
I might have frozen it

they say, love transforms life
binds hearts
tantalises hope
but dont they say too, love abandons life
crushes hearts
metes hope
as well?

they claim life is bittersweet
what an oxymoron.
then, of how much of it have they tasted
to declare it so

I have sprouted too much of a persona
wringing me all drained and dry
a shovelful of rest
or a giant surprise
is a wishlist
of what I need

as the silence of midnight
continues to ring in my ears
and captures restlessly the winds of life
that stabilises me

and then, of what this occurence is
a procurement
no more
than a paradox ?






No comments: