Friday, July 22, 2005

what's on

before papers are reduced to ashes and me turned into vapor, I roused myself up, after kicking my heels against the rung of the chair this morning, and decided to take notes of these from the morning papers:

22nd July 2005- National Library opens on this auspicious day, while NLB chief executive N. Varaprasad is ironing out the last kinks before it welcomes the public tomorrow..
"At 58000 sq m, the new National Library, which cost a cool $203 million in all,is five times larger than the original building at Stamford Road. It consists of two 16-storey blocks linked by covered walkways, and looks K-shaped from an overhead plane."
we wonder if the shelves are filled humbly with copies of the new Harry Potter Book release..

21st July 2005 - read Life! today and check out Clara Chow's write on Lim Tzay Chuen's "A Work" at Earl Lu Gallery. "The concept is so passe", she says..I like how she has written on his work...the ostensibly nothing, more of nothing, feeling of nothing, forgetting nothing.

then, it only took a quarter of a second to fill my lungs with air again..

No comments: