Friday, July 15, 2005

my room, my studio, my space

after a tiresome day out of the house, i always find it of most comfort to return to my space, the quietest place of all, and one i call "my own". when i think and look at it, i am proud that at this age, i have built everything in here from the naked scratch. from the handpainted door to the built-in cupboard, the computer and its gadgets, the workdesk on the left, the dressup corner, the jewelry workbench and the holy bed at the right, and to mention the many paintings on the two walls encaving the space, as well as the art materials under and behind the bedhead to the curtained windows at the far end, all is my labor. when was the last time i took money from mummy and daddy to build something in here? indeed, a large portion of my money has been given to this space..my prizes, my awards, my tuition jobs, my freelances, my part-time careers, my salary, a bag of time from my youth..now you know how much i love you, my space...

No comments: